Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Surprise Find


After dropping Rachel off at school last Friday morning, I was faced with a dilemma. I needed some cotton flannel and batting for the baby quilt that I was finishing up for the shower on Saturday. I weighed my options...Walmart was the closest and I knew they were open. Michael's was my preferred stop for the batting, as I had a coupon, but they wouldn't have the flannel. And Hancock's was on the way home, butt odds were they'd be out of the flannel and batting, but would assure me that it's something they always stock. So I caved and went to Walmart (and Michael's after that, because Walmart's batting choices were nil). But look what I found! I bought a yard of both of these prints and I really love them. They looked like nothing else on the rack that they were with. Well, I take that back - they had a few other sister prints to go with them, but none that I loved like these two. I am pretty sure they were under $4 a yard as well. The selvage says that they were made by Springs. I guess I wasn't aware that they made fabrics for personal sewing. So what am I going to do with these two lovelies? No idea. I'm thinking that maybe it's time I made an Emmeline apron for myself, but I don't know. What I do know is I like them enough that I keep thinking about going back and getting a few more yards.

1 comment:

amy said...

Those are really pretty.