Monday, February 2, 2009

Six



Somebody turned six last Thursday. Actually, two very important people had birthdays that day...Rachel and my Dad. Their birthdays are a mere 60 years apart. This isn't the post I'd intended to write, and I certainly didn't intend to write it the week after her birthday, but we were busy celebrating and the weekend got away from me. So here are six things about my sweet six year old.

1.She has eyes and a smile that will melt your heart.
2.She is so very sweet, loving and kind.
3.She has a style all her own, which she classifies as "fancy". Mom is not allowed input.
4.She is, and always has been, a great eater. The girl will even eat frozen broccoli! And green beans make her excited!
5.She is a rule follower.
6.She knows how to choose her words.

We celebrated at school on her birthday, with pizza and cupcakes, and another little girl in her class who shares the same birthday. That evening the four of us went out for pizza and ice cream, the latter we ate while shivering. The girls warmed up by dancing to what appeared to Jim and I to be a "Best of the 90's" compilation while eating theirs. Due to the state of our house and the general chaotic nature of life right now, we opted out of a big party with friends and let Rachel choose one friend to do something special with. So on Saturday we went out for pizza (again) and then went to see Hotel for Dogs. She had fun, we had fun, and I didn't have to try and make my house look like it's not the construction zone that it is.


Now I just get to sit back and marvel at the fact that my tiny baby, not even six pounds when she came home from the hospital, is now six years old, is learning to read, and is the tallest girl in her class. Wishing you a wonderfully happy sixth year, sweet girl!


(And yes, those are Christmas lights in the background. At least they're not still on the bushes!)

1 comment:

amy said...

Happy Birthday Rachel. I can't believe she is 6.