Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

Without realizing it, I celebrated the last of the twelve days of Christmas. Jennifer and the kids came over for a last minute play date on Monday, before it was time for the girls to head back to school. We still hadn't exchanged gifts, so Monday was the day. I started this apron for her months ago. I found the skull fabric on Hancock's one day when I had a coupon and just couldn't find anything to use it on. When I stumbled upon this fabric, I knew that it would be perfect for Jen and that she would need an Emmeline apron made out of it. The rest of her gift consisted of bits and pieces of holiday treasures that I picked up during the course of the year, so I figured the apron could do duty as Valentines, Halloween and possibly Christmas. The good news is she loved it. And more good news....she gave me this. Now, if only I had a kitchen to cook in. Jim tells me it is coming soon. Time will tell.


2 comments:

gsjunkie said...

Colleen,
I have used my apron many times already and it is not even valentines! I absolutely love it...Can I leave my hallmark greeting here now?

When you were blogging about a special someone who would love that pink skull fabric....I knew you were talking about me and I have been waiting to see that apron ever since. I really really do love it and appreciate all of your time and love that went into it. Thank you for taking the time to make that special gift for me. I will continue to do my small part by getting resource books for you:)
xoxo Jenn

AviesMom said...

Jenn is my sister-in-law and this apron ROCKS!!!! Jenn talks about all the fabulous things you make and I finally got a chance to check out your blog (I'm saving it to my favorites - it's that good!) =)

KUDOS ~ Lisa