Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Picture Heavy Post


So we've been wrapping up Christmas here today. It's always so depressing for me, having to take down the tree, cut the lights, etc. Sort of like snuffing out the magic. Rachel was disappointed as well, so I tried to spin it as "won't it be fun when the magic returns next winter?". Ha. I'm not even buying what I'm selling. The stockings (with the exception of Jim's, on the left) were all knit by my Grandma. I don't know what year she made them for my sister, cousin and I, but I feel as if we've had them since birth. At the least, our very early childhood. We loved them as children (and still do) and I am so thankful that all my Grandma's great-grandchildren have them now as well. Thank you Grandma!




I have something else to say thank you for as well. I was the very lucky recipient of a handmade Christmas gift from Amy. Not only is it an incredibly beautiful purse, but it's also reversible, so I got TWO purses. Lucky me!! Thank you, thank you, Amy!


And Jim gave me a present on Christmas day as well. The "HOME ADVANTAGE", I'd like to call it. Also known as a kitchen floor. Not the final kitchen floor, mind you, but something to walk on besides joists.


And he moved the refrigerator and oven in and hooked them up, as well as the sink, dishwasher and a few cabinets, giving me a bit of a working area. Unfortunately the oven only worked for four days, two of which we were out of town, and now it's out of commission again. Sigh. I almost made some cookies.


Earlier this week we had the pleasure of a visit from Jim's brother Sam and his family. Rachel was really digging her new cousin, Elaine, who we got to meet for the first time over the holidays. We enjoyed getting to spend some time and hanging with all the kids.



And here's Sarah, as I was trying to wake her from a nap today. She partied too hard last night, as all four of us rang in the new year together. The wisdom of that decision is debatable today. So that's a look back at the past week or so. Now I'm ready to look forward to what 2009 will bring. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love those sweetie girls! I'm glad this post was picture heavy!!
Happy new year and hugs,
Anne, Owen and Lucy!!!