Thursday, January 22, 2009

A One Trick Pony

I feel like a one trick pony. Well, actually maybe I have two or three tricks as of right now. But as birthdays approach, and I try to keep my goal of making more gifts and spending less at Target, I find myself making many of the same things. Above is a gift for Rachel's oldest friend, Elle. Not oldest in age, but as in they've known each other since before they could sit up. I'm hoping these aren't too girly for Elle, who is not a fan of the pink and purple princess scene. Skirt was made using the Oliver & S Lazy Days pattern and the t-shirts were just appliqued with a bit of the fabric from the shirt. I was wanting to try and cut a flower out to applique and then paint a stem and leaves on, but my applique skills are currently best left to straight lines. I'm not so swift with the curves yet.

And Sarah has a party to go to this Saturday as well, so another Black Apple doll was whipped up last night. This one is sporting cashmere hair, recycled from a $1.59 thrifted sweater. It's super soft, but doesn't get as "felty" as wool does when washed, so it was a bit stretchy to sew with. I Think it worked out fine though. If time permits, I'll try and make a bag for her as well, but I've also got to come up with a baby shower gift by Saturday morning, so time is in high demand.

My photos are looking pretty crummy these days. Something happened a while ago between my computer and photoshop and now, pictures in photoshop look totally different than they do in other photo viewing programs. I'm in a quandary and if I want a kitchen, I'd best not as my husband to trouble shoot for me. And speaking of kitchens, the walls are coming along. Pictures soon.

1 comment:

amy said...

I like your tricks,Pony. All this talk of ponies made me think of back in the day when you and your favorite redhead used to go
"see a man about a horse."