Saturday, January 16, 2010

Startin' Somethin'


Yes, I just quoted a Michael Jackson song title. I'm not sure I'm proud of myself, but the fact is, I started something. Since complaining about not having anything of a significant scale going on didn't seem to bring about the results I was looking for, I decided to actually start something. Now I feel much better. I first saw Amanda Jean's (of Crazy Mom Quilts) Ticker Tape quilt when she posted it on Flickr. I was in awe. For one thing I couldn't figure out how she'd made it - it looked near to impossible to make in the ways I contemplated it. So imagine how happy I was when I stumbled upon a tutorial for a doll sized version over on Sew, Mama, Sew! . Suddenly it all made sense, seemed very doable and a great way to use up some scraps. So I've set out to make one for a little girl that is due to arrive in March. This one is larger than the doll sized quilt in the tutorial and size was dictated purely by the size of the piece of flannel I already had for the back. I am almost giddy at the thought of having the gift ready before her birth. That is a true accomplishment for me. My mind is also thinking that if I could have one quilt finished before January ends, and another one started, I may be able to keep the energy flowing and get to work on my New Years Resolution (making more quilts than I did last year).

And speaking of New Years Resolutions, I made one more which I'm already failing at, but it is more important than the quilting one. I want to say "thank you" more. Thank you for stopping by here to read all the irrelevant things I have to say, thank you for your kind comments, thank you for being part of this awesome community.....thank you. I plan to say it a lot more in the coming year as well, but here's a start.

3 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Excited to see how this turns out. I have this on my ToDo list, but haven't acquired enough scraps as of yet :)

Good luck with it and have fun. I am sure the Mom to be is going to LOVE this!

Dolly said...

I'm loving the colors.......you go, girl !

Thank YOU for sharing !

amy said...

No THANK you. You're Awesome...I can't wait to see how this turns out.