Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sewing for Girls


I'm having a bit of a hard time getting started on a new big project. I want so badly to be in the midst of one, because I know how much satisfaction I get from it, but I'm dawdling right now. I've spent a lot of time on flickr and picnik as of late and have decided to give the 365 project a go. I'm enjoying that, so it's not bad dawdling, but nonetheless, I'm not not in the midst of a quilt, which I would like to be. But, I have gotten a thing or two taken care of as well.



These need to get in the mail right away, as there is no point in welcoming a baby when her parents are planning her first birthday party. The two bibs are for a gorgeous new little girl and the doll is for her big sister, who was Sarah's nearest and dearest friend while they were in daycare together. Back in the day, ya' know. The bibs are just one piece of fabric backed with chenille - the dog fabric came from Ikea where, in the children's department, you can buy very large cuts of some of their children's fabrics already wrapped up and ready to go for a really reasonable price (which I can no longer remember). I think sewing for little girls is so much fun and I only wish I was better at garment sewing....or that my girls would wear what I make them (perhaps then I would be more inclined to become better at garment sewing).

1 comment:

Dolly said...

I feel ya there.......there is a very small window wherein the kids are willing (or captive) to wear the things that we make for them !

But the dolly is ADORABLE !