Friday, January 29, 2010

And then She Was Seven


And just like that, my sweet, tiny baby went from being cradled in my arms to being a seven year old. That number is hard for me to grasp. Like there is no going back. She's going to grow up on me whether I like it or not. She readily welcomed it whole hearted - excited as could be. What she wasn't counting on though, was a surprised snow storm that sent her home from school early and pretty much scratched her birthday party plans. One friend has made it for the sleep over though, we still "rocked out" (her words) to the Beatles and ate pink electric guitar cake.


I had to edit this to add her party invitations. She drew each one with a picture of herself and the friend it was intended for, giving great thought to how the friend really looks and what their "rock star" outfit would look like.


Oh, and we played in the snow, of course.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

She's so pretty.......squeeze her, make her wait !

I know, my only granddaughter is 6 now, and I don't know where it went......and I want it back !

amy said...

Colleen, time is marching way faster than I like. I think the odd years are harder to swallow. Helena is approaching 9 and it stings.

The cake is amazing and what a fun theme. That is one super cool beautiful 7 year old girl you got on your hands.

jenn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAKE!!!!!!!!! I hate we were not there but am glad that she still got to have a friend over to help her rock out her 7th bday! I was totally thinking you ere doing a gigantic cupcake cake not a humongous guitar cake! How long did that take???? We watched Rattattootie as I always call it incorrectly!