Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



This is what I imagine a few turkeys may have looked like in the not so distant past. This is our little turkey last Thursday, when her preschool put on a Thanksgiving program. She is "Sister Helpful", a pilgrim, if you couldn't tell. She is a sister helpful too - always anxious to "help" me with a task I'm trying to get done. Her way usually takes longer, is messier, and means more clean up for me, and it's hard for me to let go and let her help, but it's so sweet that she does want to help me. She got her very own mop the other day so that we could mop together.




The preschool program was very sweet and went really well considering all the opportunities for things to go very wrong. I was nervous about Sarah standing up in front of people, as she's not been a big fan of things like the children's choir at our church, but she did great. Lots of big smiles and cute shoulder shrugs, very little nose picking and she only lifted her dress up twice. That sounds like a success to me!



We are fortunate to have friends who have invited us to join their big family celebration today. As you might imagine, not a lot of cooking is taking place at our house right now and if I can't microwave it or cook it in a toaster oven, it's not an option. Even boiling water right now would be a chore! I know the day will be filled with kids, food, friends, family and good times though, and I'm looking forward to it. I am so thankful for all that my family and I have been blessed with, especially our beautiful, healthy, smart, funny girls. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen
It was so good visiting with you, Jim and the girls are so beauiful.
Now it's getting ready for Christmas. What fun!
Cindy