Sunday, November 16, 2008

One down, two to go



Well, Baby A's quilt is done. Or, who knows, maybe it's Baby B's. What that really means is that I need to get moving on the second one. And then my niece's. The binding on this took as long as it did to quilt, or at least it seemed that way to me. My bobbin wouldn't cooperate, I was having trouble joining my bias strips and all in all, the karma just wasn't there. Even now that it's on, it's a bit wonky, but I'm over it. The wonkiness will go well with the fact that it's my first free motion quilted quilt and I hit a few bumps in the road as I went along. I am happy with how it turned out, just wish it was a bit neater, as it's a gift.


The photos aren't stellar, but I was running out of sunlight and am delivering the quilt tomorrow morning, so I took what I could get. I kind of like the warm glow and the shadows though - keeps you from seeing all my mistakes too clearly.

2 comments:

amy said...

Beautiful. I am bummed I won't get to see it in person tomorrow.

Crystal F said...

Colleen, I am super jealous! My quilts are simple block quilts. I think your quilt looks beauitful!