Thursday, November 13, 2008

Treasure revealed

Well unfortunately, it seems like Jim is beating me with his work in progress. It has taken me what seems like hours just to make the binding for the baby quilt. My bobbin refused to act nicely, I wasn't joining my bias strips together properly, the strips all ended at the wrong angle and who knows what else was going wrong, but it was all wrong, wrong wrong. Meanwhile, Jim has cut back the dining room wall to make a wider entrance into our kitchen. Thankfully, this is not our actually kitchen, but just the room we will be expanding into. The actual kitchen is on the other side of that plaster and lath wall on the left. Some day soon that wall will be gone. I think we've settled on a cabinet maker as well, so things are falling into place. That is also our new oven in the lower left hand corner. I am soooo excited about it! The word from the sales guy is that it will bake FOUR sheets of cookies evenly at once with "pure convection". Imagine that. And...the racks are on ball bearings so they roll out easy peasy. Of course, it will probably take us three months just to learn how to turn the thing on.

So this remodeling thing.....I am not in love with the process, and it is all too familiar. I long for the day when we are not tearing our house apart. Can you see all that chalky, dusty stuff on the floor of the messy room? That also spreads throughout the dining room, living room, kitchen and Rachel's room. I'm surprised we're not tasting grit in our food yet! But, sometimes demolition brings about pleasant surprises, like this wallpaper that has been revealed. At some point, someone covered it up with drywall, so it's just been hiding back there waiting to be revealed once again. The pattern designer in me got excited about this little discovery.




2 comments:

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

Very cool discovery. The colors look well preserved. It looks like progress. I know what you mean about that dust, we moved some of it from Florida to TN. I was wiping some off of stuff yesterday. Maybe we will get rid of it all one day.Have a great day.

ps I can't believe someone deleted a comment...how rude. That person must not know how to type..wink