Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Progress on all fronts



Baby B's quilt is done. I know it, looks very similar to the quilt I just showed you a week or so ago, but really, it's another one. Experience is definitely on my side. I quilted this one so much more quickly and it seemed easier and turned out better. The quilt is backed in 100% flannel so the babies have something soft to snuggle on. I ran out of some of the fabrics used in the original, so there are some new introductions in this one. And the binding. Making the binding for the first quilt took me two nights and hours. The bias fairies were not on my side, but little did I know that they were still looking out for me. I had enough left over from the first quilt to do this one as well, with just 6.25" left over. Yes, I measured, because I felt so lucky! So, one more baby quilt to get done before Christmas and yes, it will look like the first two because I cut out a whole bunch of strips and have enough left. Then I'm hoping to quilt the top that Rachel made this summer and give the completed quilt to her for Christmas. I'm thinking pinwheel quilts for next Christmas - the flannel sheets are already on the beds and I'm still looking at piles of pinwheels.






And....the kitchen. Here's with and without cabinets (and with the hubby). Apparently the kitchen was red at some point - almost the exact same red that we painted our exterior doors.


The wall that separated the two rooms is gone. That new lumber to the right of the windows is where it use to be, so we've doubled the length of our kitchen, if you can call it a kitchen right now.



Here's the view above. This beam, running horizontally, is what replaced the wall. Jim and his brother and nephew tackled that the beginning of the week. They also saved us big bucks by doing it themselves!


Our refrigerator use to sit in this recess (where the broom is), but we're bringing it forward and will reclaim that space on the other side of the room, doubling the width of Sarah's closet. That's a project for after the kitchen though.

No comments: