Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Three things, in chronological order....

1. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We did, thanks to the generous hospitality of the Smiths, who let us join their extended family for an incredibly yummy dinner. Here are two of the cutest guys there. No offense to the other guys that were there, but I'm married to the one on the right and the other little guy is just too cute for words, especially when he says my name!



2. Saturday I got to celebrate the marriage of a very good friend of mine, who deserved to find Mr. Right. Congratulations to Kathy and Erik - I am so very happy for you!!


3. And I think I'll call this one, "You might be a redneck if.....your kitchen has no floor.". Because mine doesn't. Funny, that I'm still calling this room a kitchen. I wouldn't dare show you where I am preparing our meals, that's actually more embarrassing than this. If you picture a dining room with two refrigerators, a wall oven sitting on the floor, a regular oven just hanging out, a kitchen sink sitting in its cabinet, but not attached to anything else, a table in the middle of the room and lots of stuff towering everywhere, you might get a small idea of how things look, but believe me, it's worse than you're picturing.

And, an explanation on why I'm writing in bold. My 90 year old Grandpa is reading my blog and would like to be able to read it a bit more easily. If my 90 year old Grandpa is reading blogs, I think it's my obligation to help him out a bit. Today he even called me and used "blog" in our conversation more than twice, - how cool is he? So here's a shout out to you, Grandpa! Hey!!
As soon as I give Amy a call and go get my sewing table (which I took for us to use on Thanksgiving), I will be back to sewing. So much to do, so little time. I am already sadly scratching ideas for handmade gifts and really not sure when I might do any shopping. Time for the Christmas panic.


2 comments:

amy said...

1. We were so glad you came, and mr jim's marionettes were the talk for days. Seriously though you are totally a member of the extended family, I think it is official.

2. What a great picture of the happy couple.

3. It looks rough, but it looks like progress.

* Hi colleen's Grandpa

* I am going to bring you your table tomorrow. I have to take the little ones to parent's day out.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed see you guys at Thanksgiving. Jim & you are always so enjoyable and the girls are so cute. Have a Merry Christmas! Cindy