Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Winding up Easter





Well we have all survived our Easter weekend in Indiana. We had an uneventful drive up on Friday, for which I was thankful. Erin's family arrived on Saturday and the cousins got down to the business of having fun. Saturday night the moms got down to the business of making like a bunny. Since it was literally freezing cold out, eggs and baskets stayed inside.


Sunday morning Rachel reported hearing the bunny in the living room, so there was much excitement as they passed through the living room into the library and caught sight of eggs all over the place. We got them dressed and then let the egg hunt commence. It was funny, in places where there were several eggs the kids would just grab one and move to another part of the room. Sarah was the exception though. She is no dummy. She cleaned up before she moved on! I like the way that gal thinks!



I tried to go easy on the candy this year, but between as Easter themed birthday party, an egg hunt at pre-school, a trip to a nursing home in Hanover for an egg hunt, goody bags from church and then the loot from the bunny, we are overwhelmed with candy at our house. It's all been consolidated and put up so that the little munchers can't get to it on their own. Otherwise it would be wild times at our house. As it is, I will have to field requests for treats constantly for the next several months.




A few weeks ago I was starting to feel a cold coming on, but it happened to be the day that Emily Martin was going to be on Martha. I really wanted to see the show, and the only way I could guarantee that I'd get to see it (and hear it) is to go to the Y, so that's where we headed after dropping Rachel off at school. I caught the show and was inspired to make some of the dolls that she made with Martha as Easter gifts for the girls and my niece. By the time I got around to it (mid. week last week) I had to act fast, but they came together relatively easily and were somewhat of a hit, although the candy was far more exciting. Directions and the pattern for the doll can be found on Martha's site. The downside of being able to see the show was that I think my workout did me in for the rest of the week and then some. I battled that cold for a while, but am happy that it is gone now.



Also gone is what we woke up to the day after Easter. With no mention of it on the news, sneaky mother nature dropped a few inches of snow Monday morning. Rachel's response was "It snows after Easter?!?". I don't know if it was so surprising to her because it's now officially spring and it shouldn't be snowing any more or if she thought it was some sort of rule that it snows the day after Easter, and will be awaiting it next year as well.

1 comment:

amy said...

It sounds like you had a great Easter. The dolls look super cute. I love their faces. Rachel's disguise is cute too. Was that snow in Indiana or Chattanooga? We had a cold spell too, but no snow.