Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Delivery


One of my belated birthday gifts was delivered this weekend when my parents came down to celebrate Sarah's birthday with us. I made this little embroidered piece for them, based on a drawing that Rachel had done. I love the drawing so much, with the big fluffy clouds, lots of grass and the smiley girl. She can draw such great things, as long as I haven't requested anything from her. If I ask for a drawing, I get three pink scribbly circles and am told they are "pink balls" or a few squiggly lines that are "tadpoles". She's crafty, that gal! Anyhow, I was inspired to do this after seeing what Amanda at Soule Mama had done with some of her kid's drawings. I love this way of preserving the girls' artwork. I have plans to make lots more, just need to put the plans into action. I've already started a pile of drawings to work from though.





I'm trying to learn some different things as I go, so this was the first time that I've made my own binding. For this, it was pretty straight forward. I didn't worry about cutting it on the bias, which at the time seemed terribly scary, but is something I've now done for another project and is not nearly as scary as it seems. I followed Alicia Paulson's binding tutorial and only made one really stupid mistake that I hopefully won't make again.

It is amazing to me how much information is out there on the web. I am overwhelmed with how much there is to learn and to be inspired by. How lucky we are that we can benefit from all the sharing that goes on out in this virtual world!

No comments: