Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ballerinas abound


Sarah has a modeling gig. It's not a typical gig, but she is the model, nonetheless. A friend of my parents is a painter and did this painting. She first painted Sarah about a month ago, when she saw an email of the girls after they'd dressed themselves. (It's the first picture I posted on this blog.) After she painted that, she asked for more pictures to use and I've been sending her some. I almost didn't send her this one, seeing as how it was just a back view, but I thought the picture expressed so much about Sarah that I went ahead and sent it. Ironically, it's the first one she chose to paint. She is thinking of doing a series, as I'd taken a slew of pictures of the girls outside in their tutus last winter on a warm day. I just love this painting, as I can feel Sarah in it, how she often just takes off by herself, content to be alone, doing her own thing. This painting is up for auction on ebay, so check it out, along with all Kathie's other beautiful paintings. I made the girls' tutus using an a tutorial I found online. This wasn't the one, but it looks like the same deal. No sewing, just tying some knots. Easy peasy.

Since Rachel seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as her picture showing up here, I thought I'd share one of her in her tutu from last Halloween. Here she is as Angelina Ballerina.




I was hoping that I'd have pictures of an apron that I'm almost done with to share soon, but seeing as how I seem to have misplaced the instructions, I'm at a standstill. This is most disappointing, as I'd intended to finish it up tonight. I'm off to dig through a weeks worth of paper recycling now to see if it might have landed in there. Good times all around!


1 comment:

amy said...

That painting is gorgeous. I saw the other one on ebay. It would be hard not to snatch those up. Leighton's sister has an artist friend, he painted an amazing portrait of Sanders and has it hanging in his place for right now but told them he would give it to them probably next year. They have a photograph of the painting until then.