Thursday, March 13, 2008

Apron Love

I am lovin' this apron pattern. I first saw it on angry chicken, when it was posted for the Tie One On-polka dotted aprons theme. You can view the whole set on flickr, and you can see and buy this particular pattern ("Emmeline") over at Montessori by Hand. The pattern and instructions are really easy to follow. Some people seem to think that I actually really know how to sew, but my only confidence is in sewing straight lines (which in reality, are probably not all that straight either). I did a few things for the first time with this apron. For one, it requires darts. I almost felt like it would be a deal breaker for me, but who knew they could be so easy! I also made my first batch of bias tape on the bias. Easy again, who knew! This apron came together really quickly and easily. Dare I say I didn't even have to rip anything out? And the funnest thing about this pattern? It's reversible! So two aprons in one! I chose a matchy matchy floral/paisley for one side and polka dots for the other. Now that I look at the polka dot pattern on me, I'm thinking it may not be the most flattering way to go, but alas. This one is actually a birthday present for my sister (ssshhh...don't tell her), so I'll let her stress over the polka dot side. I'm itching to make another and already have the fabric bought, but not washed. I'm excited about the fabric for the next one, which will also be a gift, but I'm not saying for who. Can you guess who you are by the fabric? You'll have a while to guess, as I'm thinking about stashing it away for Christmas. I swore I'd start early this year, so March sounds like a good starting point!


3 comments:

amy said...

I saw this apron on Tie one On and thought it looked so hard. You did a great job. I think the polka dot looks really good, not unflattering at all. Love IT.

kristin said...

i just LOVE this apron and as i can't sew i'm blessed to have a friend that can...and she just recently made me one (lucky me:)

love the fabric you chose.

Erin said...

Guess you didn't realize that your SISTER reads your blog! Lucky lucky me! :)