Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I heart the Goodwill


Last week, when we were at my parent's for Easter, my sister and I made a run to the local Goodwill. No trip is complete without a trip to this particular Goodwill, where all children's clothes are $1.59, unless they sport the tag color of the day, in which case they are $1. Both the girls really love wearing dresses right now, so I was very excited to score this green velvet number with flowers embroidered all over it.
Shortly after finding the green dress, this little aqua number jumped out at me. It is wool with a cotton knit lining and the label is in French. All the embellishments around the bottom are wool as well. I think I may need to tack a few of these down, but for the $1.59 price, I think I'm up to that. Here's a picture of the detail as well. Something to keep in mind for future dresses that might need to be spiffed up.

And for me, who can resist a llama shirt? I tried on three things. Two of which did not fit, or at least did not flatter me (at all), but I saved the llama t-shirt to try on last. I think I actually squealed when I put it on. A little googling has revealed that guster is actually a band out of Boston. I am not hip or cool enough to know such things any more and while I wonder what sort of music I'm promoting, the llama is just to cool not to wear. Prior to my googling, I was certain that guster was the name of the llama. It's a story I might stick to. I am also thinking about llama freezer paper stencils, because really, who wouldn't want a llama on their shirt?

I was also lucky enough to score a new pair of Nine West shoes for myself that set me back all of $3.95, as well as a groovy bed sheet that was the color of the day and half off. My sister picked herself up two never worn pairs of shoes, including a pair of Clarks. Other goodies were also had, although none quite as pretty as the above. I live in fear of the day that one of us goes there and prices have been changed to reflect a general lack of good deals. My sister use to get great kid's toys there, but pickins were slim this time around, although I did see an opened (and taped shut) box of Target brand sugar cones for $2. Those are the sorts of price changes I fear.

1 comment:

amy said...

Nice Llama. The little dresses are pretty cute too. We have a fancy new goodwill down here. My friend at work just got 5 seasons of Frasier and 5 seasons of Will and Grace on DVD for $1 each set.