Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Work in Progress



I've seen America Quilts Creatively just a few times on PBS. Actually it may have only been twice. Both times that I recall seeing it, I saw the same episode. #913 to be exact. It really got ideas whirling in my head. Patricia Bolton combines several things I love - paper, stamps, fabric and quilting to make journal quilts. She layers and manipulates all the elements to create really interesting finished pieces. I'm hoping to be able to pull something of the sort together to give my Mom for Mother's Day. I've pulled a few photos from the (way way) past, printed them out on a few different papers, put together a background paper to start with and now......I'm stuck. I rattled around with it a bit last night and nothing said "by george that's it!". Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have an "Ah ha!" moment. Fingers crossed.

On a totally different subject, I saw this from the great online magazine Small and thought it was a brilliant idea. So brilliant that I served them for breakfast this morning, heart cut outs and all. The girls, on the other hand, found them significantly less brilliant than I did. Both pieces of toast were dismissed. Rachel stuck her spoon in the egg and deemed that enough of a try and Sarah wasn't buying it at all.


.....and, she's still dressing herself. I love this outfit! The denim jumper is really too short to wear as a dress now, but it looks like some sort of cool apron over the capri pants and t-shirt. I hope that she can continue to hold on to her innocence, free spirit and confidence as she gets older because she's one cool gal all on her own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is your work in progress coming along? I am assuming that the baby girl in the blue dress is you, but it sure looks like Sarah from here. Have a great day.