Sunday, April 13, 2008

The girl can dress

Rachel. She was up, hair done and ready to go this morning before Jim or I ever crawled out of bed. She has always been an early riser. What is not typical is for her to get up and get herself ready to start the day. This is not typical church fare for us, but it's what she chose, all on her own, and I loved the outfit so much that there was no way I would tell her to change into something else. She's got a purple long sleeved t-shirt with a floral summer skirt and, because it got chilly here again, why not throw on some red stripey leggings? Gone from the picture are the pink socks, hot pink mary jane crocs and the pink headband. It's a look I wish I could pull off!


A package is ready to head out tomorrow. Birthday wishes for two small friends, brother and sister, with birthdays just a week apart. I am already late for the first birthday, but by george, I might even be a tad early for the second birthday! The doll is another Black Apple doll, pattern courtesy of Emily Martin and taken from Martha Stewart's site. T-shirts are more freezer paper stencils. I take back everything I have said about using Jacquard Dye-na-Flow for these stencils. I am giving up on it for this process. Flow it does...right under the freezer paper and all over the fabric. How I got any to work is beyond me. I ruined two t-shirts this time around, so those paints have been put into a separate bag and I will not mess with them when doing stencils. I used Jacquard Textile Color for the dinosaur and some Tulip Soft Brushable Fabric Paint for the elephant. The Tulip paint didn't cover as well as the Jacquard, but Michael's didn't have all the colors I needed in it, so more paint experimenting. I think my best bet would be just to place an order with Dharma Trading Co. and get what I need. At least now I've settled on what I need. I guess the ruined shirts can be paint smocks for the girls - you know, I hate to throw anything out and can find a second use for pretty much anything!



No comments: