Monday, December 28, 2009

Note Cards

...catchy title, isn't it?


The little bits sewn to paper were turned into note cards. I seem to have developed a tradition of giving note cards at Christmas. They seem well received and are fun to make. Each year I try to do something different with them. This year they were mini quilts. I was inspired by the rainbow wreaths that Amy over at Sweet Sweet Life made, so I tried working on monochromatic cards in the colors of the rainbow. That actually made them pretty fun to create. I managed to knock out quite a few over the course of two evenings, although I didn't get all I wanted done, so fewer went in a pack and some people will be getting theirs for their birthday instead.



These were made using 1.5" squares of fabric, four wide and three high. I used a dab of glue from a glue stick to hold them in place on the card stock and then machine "quilted" them before embellishing them with hearts, flowers, brads and what nots. These have given me so many more ideas that I can't wait to whip up some more! I'm also thinking that a few small ones framed in shadow boxes might be kind of neat. The ideas are rolling, so bring on the time!

We are home from our travels and awaiting family traveling our way now, so the days will continue to be full. I hope the holidays are treating you all well and wish you a very Happy New Year if I don't make it back in the next few days.

2 comments:

amy said...

These are very cool.
Glad you are home safe and sound. Enjoy the last drops of the Holidays.

Dolly said...

I'm so glad that you didn't forget to show us what the mystery piecing was all about.

So, now, are they stationery, that you give as gifts?
Do you write on the back side, among the stitching, or is another sheet added on, or what.

They're very pretty, by the way !