Thursday, December 17, 2009

Celebrating


Thank you for all the kind words about the kitchen. It's kind of hard to be wowed by it now, as it was such a long process - no one week instant makeover and reveal for us. Still, it is so much easier to function in...we all fit in it now, our sink is deep enough to fill with dirty dishes and leave for later (who...me???) and the pantry, ah the pantry - still loving that!!

So there was more celebrating going on yesterday than you could shake a stick at. Both girls had parties at school, which I attended, we finally got to go see Santa after being delayed two weeks first by snow and then the flu and most importantly, Jim and I got to celebrate the completion of year #14. Seriously, 14 years? I must have gotten married at fourteen or something! We whopped it up with our visit to Santa, pizza with the girls and a drive from here to there and everywhere to look at Christmas lights. It was fun.



The sewing machine is still working overtime. I managed to whip up two of these Tuesday night. One for Rachel's teacher, who has a little girl who just turned one and one for her kindergarten teacher from last year, who became a Grandma this year and whom we need to continue to maintain a close relationship with because she will be Sarah's teacher next year. Yes, trying to butter her up a year in advance.....but have you met Sarah? There need to be more of these coming down the pipeline. There are babies to be welcomed and babies on the way. All I need is the time.


Well I've just woken from a long winter's nap...or at least I fell asleep on the couch from 7-10, so I'd better get back to the tasks at hand, like making, making, making and wrapping. So much wrapping.


No comments: