Friday, December 4, 2009

Mission Accomplished


I can't believe I got them done in time! Phew!! My girls will both be getting a new quilt for Christmas this year. Hopefully this will be something that they will treasure and have for a long time. My favorite part about these quilts is that some of their clothes have been incorporated into the squares. I know, when I see a particular orange print that I will remember our trip to visit Jim's brother's family in Iowa and buying that dress on our way home from the Iowa State Fair. Or the pink print from the top that Rachel's Nina gave her and her daughter wore as well. And the blue sundress that Sarah wore when we visited my Grandparents in Florida. I'm so glad that there are already memories folded into these quilts. I also embroidered "xoxo mom 2009" into the lower right corner of each....just in case they forget how much I love them. Now I just hope they will go over well, seeing as how they are not battery powered, don't have any glitter and are not hand held gaming devices.

4 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Great gift! If they are anything like my boys, they will LOVE them (battery operated or not)!

Dolly said...

What treasures !

They'll probably give you a hug, and then put them aside to play with the toys...........but they'll come back to them when they get tired, and they'll keep coming back, and when they're sick, they won't want any other quilt, and they'll want to build tents with them .........oh what memories will join those already stitched into these wonderful gifts.
Congratulations on finishing in time for Christmas !

Im Estee said...

Such an amazing gift. Your girls will love them. And I love the fact that you have incorporated treasurable memories.

Anna said...

beautiful job, they will really appreciate them I'm sure!