Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Score!


....and I'm not talking football. I had one hour left this morning before I had to go pick Sarah up from pre-school. I was tempted to run by my nearest thrift store. I almost didn't. But I did. Not only did I pick up three jackets for the girls in varying sizes for 99 cents each, I also scored this globe, which I am so excited about. It set me back $2. I am so happy to have a thrift store that actually puts thrifty prices on things from time to time. Not like our Goodwill that wants $8 for a used Walmart sweater. I will say though, that at one point I brought home quite a good haul of linens and then a week later, their prices on linens seemed to have gone up, as if they realized that they had someone looking for them. Apparently they hadn't had a big run on old globes. Another great thing about scoring this was when Sarah asked me, "Can I hold the world?". In the palm of your hands, baby.

Have you tried picnik yet? I'm still loving it and today they are celebrating their billionth photo edited and almost all the premium offerings are free for the day. There is a great tutorial here about how to layer photos using features available from the premium membership. And there are all sorts of free texture groups on flickr. Most just ask for acknowledgment if you use their texture. All I'm sayin' is I know what I'll be doing all night. So go have a picnik!

2 comments:

Angela said...

She's got the whole world in her hands! :) Love that lining on your great find story! That is a find!

Thanks for the piknik tip! I'll be trying it out tonight too! :)

Carrie said...

I will defintely be picnik'ing. Just played around with one photo, super easy...just the way I need it!!!