Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cakes or Quilts?

My parents are visiting this weekend. We're celebrating their birthdays, along with both my girls birthdays. Three have already happened and the fourth will happen on Wednesday. We get lots of birthday celebrating done early in the year around here. It makes me dizzy, but I am thankful that I then have ten months to chill. I've made this Wilton giant cupcake cake once before with so-so results in decorating it. I gave it another go this weekend and was happier with the results. I used a larger icing tip, which was more in proportion to the cake, took inspiration from this cake on flickr and followed a tutorial using candy melts to form the "liner" for the cupcake instead of icing it (which looked kind of shoddy on my first go).


One more cake to bake for the birthday party this weekend and then I'm back to quilting, which I think I like more and is much less fattening!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Love Love it!!! Especially the top! see you this weekend!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Sarah, hope 5 is a great one!!!!! Love Hads and Carrie