Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthday Girl


I'm headed to a birthday celebration this evening. I believe the birthday girl is turning 29. Again. We seem to have established a pattern - she gives me books off my Amazon wish list for celebrations and I make her something. I LOVE getting books off my wish list. A lot. So I truly appreciate that she does that for me. This year I am mixing it up a bit for her though. I actually bought her something off of her wish list - a book. This book. I need more partners in crime.


That lent itself to a handmade gift to go along. I made this pin cushion from Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I whipped it up in a jiffy, so if you were looking for a last minute gift, this could fit the bill. Another great way to use up some scraps. Now I'm jealous though, the birthday girl's got prettier notions than I do.

2 comments:

jenn said...

i love my book and pin cushion...maybe you will help me set up my craft room wen we get to the new house!!!! And thn I can start making stuff!!!!!!

Pat said...

That pincushion is just so cute. Thank you for sharing.