Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Have I missed your birthday?


Sneak peek
Originally uploaded by
cebbtn


I am in bad shape. Try as I might, I cannot keep up with birthday. I like to think that, by being late with gifts and well wishes, you will realize that I am thinking about you all the time, as I'm constantly reminding myself to finish up with so and so's gift. I'm thinking good thoughts about you though, only cursing myself. So this is a gift for someone whose birthday has come and gone. At least it was for a 2008 birthday. I'm not going to go into any details on it now, and will post a complete picture once the gift has been given. Just a little sneak peek.




These t-shirts? Another belated birthday gift. I will not even tell you how late these are, but you'll get an idea, when I tell you that I am worried that they will no longer even fit the recipient. I decided to press ahead though, and keep my fingers crossed. These are my first (and second) attempt at freezer paper stencils . I read about them online a while ago and wanted to try my hand at it, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I did these this weekend and they were pretty straight forward and easy to do. The wagon design took some time, as I kept drawing it with too much detail, but the dinosaur was a breeze. I used textile paint by Jacquard and it is absorbed into the fabric very nicely - the shirts don't feel stiff at all. The possibilities are endless with this and you can check out lots of amazing things going on over at the Flickr group for freezer paper stencils. So many ideas, so little time!

No comments: