Monday, February 18, 2008

Outgoing Mail






A certain family has some mail coming their way tomorrow. Yesterday Rachel and I worked on drawings from Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Animals . She was really having fun with it and I was getting such a kick out of watching her animals come to life. I think my favorite is the "shaggy dog". I love his sweet face. We've decided that this book and others by Ed Emberley will be the go to birthday gift this year.


I started a twirly skirt tonight and in just an hour and a half, I'm on step 16 with hopes of finishing it tomorrow night. Since one of the last steps is to have the person it's intended for try it on before finishing it for good, and that person is now asleep, I won't feel badly about not finishing it tonight. Since the recipient's main concern with clothes is the amount of twirl they have, I'm hoping this skirt will be a hit and more may follow. Well, one more will follow for sure, as I'm sure that Sarah will want one as well and I don't want her to feel left out. Pictures of the skirt will follow when it's done (and if it turns out alright).

1 comment:

sliceofisaaclife said...

wow, you've got quite an artiste on your hands! love rachel's drawings! lately owen has been impressing me with his drawings...he has moved on from scribbles and lines to shapes, which he connects in interesting ways. there are two in particular that i am definitely keeping...a dumptruck with smoke and wheels and pablo from backyardigans with eyes and ears and a bowtie ;) i figure i can be amazed and brag since his drawing genes definitely aren't coming from me...HA! i need to get some pics of his drawings up on my blog. thanks for the inspiration, and let rach know that we like her creations! (looks like an awesome book...thanks for the recommendation!)