Thursday, February 21, 2008

Twirly skirt


Twirly skirt
Originally uploaded by
cebbtn


Well the twirly skirt is done and I am happy. It wasn't without struggle though. First off, this was going to be for Rachel, but is now Sarah's. I spent Tuesday night all excited that it came together so easily and whoo hoo, let's make ten more. That was all before I put the drawstring and elastic in. That was a struggle that involved a lot of brute force, several pin pricks and in the end, a waist band that was gathered so much that it was almost bullet proof. I knew it would be deemed "not comfy" and left to hang in the closet. That's also about the time that I realized that this was entirely too short for Rachel. So, I did a lot of seam ripping, took 20" off the side, put it all back together again and now Sarah has a new skirt. Since Rachel has already heard the words "twirly skirt", another will have to be made soon.

This fabric came from Ikea moons ago, when Misty and I made a trip to the Ikea in Chicago. That was back before children even existed in our lives. We bought such pretty fabrics that day, I wish now that I'd bought more. I'm vaguely remembering her buying some palm tree fabric that I'd love to get my hands on now!


I'd love to share a picture of Sarah sporting her new skirt for you, but today has been deemed a pajama day. I did get her to slip it on so that I could get the elastic where I wanted it, but the pajamas had to put on promptly afterwards.





Next up....I'm tearing into some wool sweaters that I've run through the wash twice now. On purpose. Not like the other ones, that were not on purpose. Lucky Rachel now has a JJill cardigan that fits her perfectly. The shrinkage was amazing I tell you!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! What a cutie pie skirt!
xoxox

sliceofisaaclife said...

cute skirt! I bought a pattern from the You Can Make This site, but have since realized i am not particularly talented at deciphering hand written/drawn patterns/instructions. You actually seem to know what you are doing ;) so if you want to borrow the little peasant shirt pattern you can! and maybe teach me ;)