Saturday, August 29, 2009

Continuation on a Theme


Apparently we're in the mood for pretzels around here. Either that, or our selection of snacks is dwindling. Sarah's big idea for Thursday was to dip pretzels in melted chocolate and add sprinkles, so that's what we did. I must say - that saltiness with the chocolate is pretty tasty. Word of warning - they don't stick around for long. Darn those things!!


This past Thursday was the last day for Happy Hour at Sew-Bee-It. I went. Again. For the third week in a row. And I bought more fabric. Lots of goodness in that basket to add to all the rest that's been sneaking into the house lately. I'm actually starting to sketch ideas for some quilts that are going to stay in our house. Crazy idea, making something and not giving it away, but I think I might give it a try.



And as soon as I get up from my computer I'm headed over to the sewing machine where I'm going to start adding white borders to these blocks. If I did my math right (doubtful), I have enough here for three twin quilts like this one. One for the top and bottom bunk on the girl's new bunk beds and one to send on its way to someone special. I'm going to try something different on the first one though. I'm going to use different whites for the borders around the squares. You could say the decision was driven by necessity, impatience, laziness, frugality - what have you, but I don't have enough of any one white to complete the first one and it would be nice to get rid of some scraps and I'm thinking that, since the blocks are various shades and patterns of a particular color, why not have the surrounding white echo the variety. Good idea? Bad idea? I'll let you know.

No comments: