Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Fabric


The above goodies are part of my haul from Michigan. Not only was my good friend Anne kind enough to watch my kids while I ran amok in JoAnn's for an hour, but she also had the top three vintage fabrics waiting for me when I got to her house. I am in love with the top geranium print and was surprised to find a tag on it saying it came from JC Pennys and cost 36 cents. The others are vintage as well. The bottom fabric came from a thrift store and feels more like home decor fabric, but a test swatch washed up just fine, so I'll be treating it like cotton.


And then I got an email upon my return from Michigan. Sew-Bee-It, a local quilt shop, is having happy hour for the remaining Thursdays in August from 4-6. All cuts of a yard or more are half off. So after picking Rachel up from school today, we went straight for happy hour, as all good mothers would do. The above it what came home with me, but here's the problem. I gave myself a dollar limit and worked very hard to stay within that limit....but while trying to restrain myself, I totally forgot to give myself fifty percent off, so I only bought half of what I could have. The horror!! I only realized this after I'd waited in line and had everything cut. The only remedy for this gross error on my part will be another trip to happy hour next week.

So, what am I making with all this new fabric? I have some ideas running through my head, but I also think I've gotten smart enough to figure out that a concrete plan might be a good thing to have, so I've got some sketching to do, some loose math to throw about and then I hope to be off and sewing. My sewing area is getting a good cleaning and organizing at the moment so that when I'm ready I'll have a good space to work in. Looking at all my new goodies is making me want to step on the gas!!

No comments: