Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Week


I was able to get this quilt done in just one week, start to finish. It's not that big (30" x 39"), and probably not a monumental accomplishment, but I am happy with the results and the time frame. The baby shower is this Saturday and I also need to get right to work on another one, as there is another baby to say welcome to coming in June. I think I will use a similar sort of random pattern for that one, but it will definitely be calling for pink.


I'm glad I added the elephants. They were fun to do, and go with the baby's nursery theme, so win-win. This was fun to make but not fun to quilt. That bummed me, as I hadn't quilted anything since the girl's Christmas quilts and was looking forward to the machine quilting part of it. The lack of fun was my fault though - I didn't pre-wash the backing fabric and it had a finish on it that prevented it from sliding over my sewing machine. Rather, it sort of stuck, which was not convenient at all. Also on the not convenient list would be running out of white thread, completely and utterly out, with about three more inches to quilt. Argh!! But it's done, will be on time and now I can get into a very girly pink mood. Until then......

3 comments:

Angela said...

Very nice elephants! did you do those by hand? So so cute on a baby's blanket!

sliceofisaaclife said...

love it, Colleen! I can't wait to see it in person! (I now feel like the tiny elephant toys I sewed her aren't going to cut it. ;) ah well...i'm not a quilter just yet. ;)

Dolly said...

Great job !

Woohoo ! The mommy AND the baby are going to just love it !