Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts and women that mother when we need it. I'll admit to choking back tears at Mother's Day for a few years, while we were trying to get pregnant with our first child and I wanted so badly to be a celebrated mother. Now I can think back on the tears of joy I cried as both my precious girls were put in my arms. I realize now how much my mother loves me and that my girls will not know the depth of my love for them until that little bundle is placed in their arms. A love that knows no bounds. We are truly blessed.


I'm not wild about photos of myself, but thought I ought to include one of me and my girls. The Mr. was behind the camera this morning and likes to experiment, so either there is a girl with her eyes closed, a hand in front of her face, or a hazy rainbow across the photo. You take what you can get, I guess.


The girls wore dresses like this one today. A friend asked me if I could make a pillow case dress for her daughter. In exchange, she bought enough fabric for me to make them for both my girls as well. I followed this tutorial by Anna Maria Horner. I didn't start with a pillow case, but cut my fabric and assembled it into a "pillow case" before starting. As with most patterns, it doesn't make sense to me as I read it, but if I just do as I'm told, it all works out in the end. Once you have your fabric in the pillow case form, this takes just about an hour to make, which is some pretty quick instant gratification. I think they looked pretty darn cute on the girls as well.

2 comments:

Dolly said...

It's nice to finally see where your beautiful girls get their good looks.

Happy Mothers' Day......thank you for sharing a bit of your joy with all of us.

amy said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!