Saturday, November 7, 2009

What's For Lunch?


A quilt sandwich, of course! Ha-ha. This is a "working weekend" for me and I'm loving it. Jim has taken the girls to his brother's for the weekend so that I can have some peace and get some things done. I've already finished a pair of flannel pajama bottoms for Rachel and am now working on one of the two quilts for the girls. This one is now pinned and as soon as I get off this machine, I'm moving over to the sewing machine and will begin quilting. I have pinned this "sandwich" to within an inch of its life, using probably three times as many pins I ever had before. Perhaps I'm learning from my mistakes and realizing that a little extra effort on the front end saves a lot of very unpleasant work on the other end. I've also learned that pinning on a hard surface is so much easier than carpet, which I now realize was like trying to smooth something out while it's stuck to Velcro. Thank goodness for the big dining room floor (and lack of children this weekend to want to walk on it). And while I'm sure you won't find spackling buckets and paint cans in the notions section of the quilt shop, they did prove handy for keeping things in place as I built my sandwich.


So it's off to work I go with Pandora, this little gal (Coraline Jones), her brother Fluffy and my sweet Arnold to keep my company. Cute, isn't she? Want one? I've got spares on my porch.

3 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love the quilt. Have fun quilting! Cute kitty by the way...

Dolly said...

What beauties ~! (the quilt AND the kitty !)

And, yes, I DO want one........but in the interest of protecting me FROM MYSELF, I'm not going to tell you where to bring it !

AviesMom said...

Colleen this quilt is AMAZING and GORGEOUS!!! Kudos and congratulations!! :)