Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Progress Report



Well my weekend proved to be a productive one. I took a large stack of 10.5'' quilt squares, and managed to get one quilt assembled and completely quilted. Still needs binding, but that will come. That part I can do easily at night after the girls go to bed. It was good to get one out of the way while they were gone, as I will still have the second to get done between now and Christmas.


The second top was assembled, but alas, no more batting, so back to the store I will go before Friday, when I will have another decent block of time to do some covert Christmas work. More colorful block quilts, you say....isn't she getting tired of them? Why yes, I am. This all came about when I had the brilliant idea for a mass assembly line kind of thing to get a bunch done. Since then I've grown bored with that and will be eager to move on to some new quilts soon.


I also got a pair of pajama pants made for Christmas. All her current bottoms are turning into floods. It's nice to see at Target today though, that a plain top to go with them will cost about as much as a new set of pajamas. Oh well, it's the thought, isn't it?



Work was started on a Christmas Emmaline apron for my mother-in-law.

And I cut out a whole bunch of felt leaves. I have plans for some fall decorations which may or may not make it up before it's time for Christmas decorations. Time will tell. I feel the pressure of Christmas fast approaching and wonder if I'm just digging a bigger hole for myself by thinking fall. Diversions are nice though.

4 comments:

Dolly said...

Ya know, you just have to do what you're in the mood for.......nothing else will turn out right ! You can still use those leaves when you decorate for Thanksgiving, and they'll be so festive !

I love the finished quilt.....I mean, I really, really, really LIKE it ! (I can hear my long ago grandma saying "now, Dolly, you LIKE things, and LOVE people !)

Frogdancer said...

You've done such a good job with the quilt. It looks fabulous.

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Wow you sure had a busy weekend. Love the quilt! The colors are wonderful. Envious of your ability to sew something other than a quilt. The PJ pants are supercute!

Rita

Dolly said...

I had to let you know what my "like, like, like" led to !

http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/2010/01/two-sides-to-every-story.html

Thanks for the inspiration !