Friday, November 20, 2009

In a Bind


Both the girls Christmas present quilts are quilted - ha, I almost said done...oh how I wish! Now on to the binding. I have made a ridiculously long strip of binding (of which only a tiny portion is shown in this photo because the rest was on the floor being treated as a kitten toy....argh!!) from fabrics that were used in the quilts and will start sewing tonight after the Nosy Noras have gone to bed. When it gets to the hand sewing part, I'm going to use this great idea I first saw over here - hair clips to hold the binding in place vs. my fingers holding it and cramping along the way (too lazy to pin). So I know what my weekend holds for me - I hope you have a great one doing something you enjoy!

2 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

My weekend includes the same task...Fun stuff! Love the colors in your quilt!

Dolly said...

YOUR BLOG is where I got my inspiration for the wonky strips quilt ! I could not remember where I had seen it, but now I remember it was yours that you're doing for your girls ! Oh, how I loved yours. I hope you don't mind that I plan to make the same type as soon as I can get out and buy my white background fabric !

And the hairclips are THE BEST quilt tool I've bought in years. I wasn't too lazy to pin......I was so tired of being scratched by the pinned edge as it surrounded me. I bought the clips and have used in ever since......fantastic idea !

I'm going right now to give you credit on my 'mock-up' of the wonky strips quilt......when I actually get it made, I'll do the same again, God willing I should get so far.
Thanks for the inspiration, and congrats on YOU getting so far !