Thursday, October 1, 2009

Random Bits and Pieces


I guess you could say I've been cleaning house...except that my house doesn't look any cleaner. But I am taking care of some things that have been left hanging for quite some time. First, a birthday bunting for my niece, Emma. Her birthday was in September. I mailed it today. October. But in my defense, she has a late September birthday. Nonetheless, I am not a timely person when it comes to meeting birthdays.


Then there's this that's been bugging me for quite some time. Our dull gray porch furniture. It was also beginning to rust, so it really sort of blended in with all the other junk going on on the porch, like leftover kitchen cabinets, random bits waiting for recycling, a box of kittens, etc. Yes, quite the hodge podge porch. But! I have been cleaning it up, putting things where they belong, save the box of kittens....they stay on the porch for now (it's screened in) and spiffing up the furniture.


Our doors are red, so now we'll have candy apple red furniture to match and hopefully brighten things up a bit. Everything needs another coat of red, and I'm out of cans of spray paint, so it's off to the Home Depot again tomorrow. Rain rain stay away. Please, just one more day so I can cross this off my list!


And this is just a really poor photo to give a sneak peek at what is hanging on my banister upstairs waiting to be properly photographed outside. This is just the top. No backing or quilting done on it yet. Still debating on how to quilt it, but at least I'm leaning in one direction. It's one of what was going to be two pinwheel Christmas quilts for the girls which I started last summer. Ahem. Since then sleeping arrangements have changed and I've run out of steam making pinwheels, so now this is going to be the quilt for our guest bed. I just pulled out the two Christmas fabrics (red with snowflakes on it and red and white peppermints) and now it's just a candy colored pinwheel extravaganza. The girls are already slyly asking "Who is this for?". Or maybe they only ask because I tend to give away everything that I make. Since they're bunk bed buddies now, I've got two more color block quilts in the works for them, which I hope they will find under the Christmas tree. This year.

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Nice ......... I love pinwheels.

Funny how you let a quilt project sit for a while and it winds up with a whole different purpose....and size ! Story of my life !