Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pinwheel, Pinwheel

Just some better pictures of the pinwheel top. It's taken too much time and effort to let the poor photo from the other day speak for it. I'm hoping I'm not getting myself in over my head as I consider quilting this myself. I've already bought several extra packs of pins so that I can do a thorough job pinning it and hopefully not have any repeats of my previous problems.


I'm leaning towards quilting this like Melissa of all buttoned up did. Her Kitchen Quilt was what originally inspired me to make a pinwheel quilt (at the time it was two - lofty goals). I've gone back and forth between quilting it along the seams vs. my usual stippling, as I love that crinkly look, but I think following the seams may be a bit easier for such a large piece. Are those words I will be eating soon? We shall see.


And just in case the quilting fairies drop by and knock what's already on the table out for me, I'll start on a Flock of Triangles quilt. I've pulled all these yellows and grays, but am not yet sure which to use or how they'll all work. Should I replace the white with gray? Or try and use the yellows and grays in place of the oranges and keep the white? Clearly still some muddling to do on this one. Good thing I've got something to keep my busy in the meantime.

3 comments:

Frogdancer said...

What a lovely job you've done. Well done!

Dolly said...

I just knew a bigger photo of this top would be reveal a great quilt !
You'll still get that wonderful crinkly look no matter how you quilt it, I think, as long as you use a cotton batting.
My machine tends to push the top fabric unevenly over the bottom two layers, even when I use a walking foot for straight line, so I just prefer to hand-quilt. I wish you a blessed job on yours......I know it's going to wash up lovely when it's done !

Beth said...

Colleen, is it wrong of me to wish kid #2 would hurry up and manifest in my womb... just for quilt purposes? Egads. There is something wrong with me. Your work is so gorgeous, my friend.