Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anticipation


The weather has started to cool here, which means it's only 80 now instead of 90, but what a difference ten degrees can make! Mornings are cooler, the air is starting to feel crisper and I am itching to call summer quits and say hello to fall! I think that making the pumpkin cupcakes last week made me officially over summer. Then magazines started coming in that scream fall and I got a new pair of shoes in the perfect fall color. Sarah and I took a walk this afternoon and she picked up some acorns. The signs are all pointing that way and I'm ready! Of course fall means Christmas is all the closer and once again I will be in the midst of gift making panic. Be careful what I wish for, I guess.


I should keep that in mind as my project for tonight is organizing all my fabric. I'm trying to get it all out in the open so that I can see what I have, after years of storing it in boxes. I'm not sure I actually have room to have it all out and about and my other fear is that Jim will then know how much fabric I actually have. But it's true, isn't it...one can never have too much fabric. Of course I am wondering what possessed me to buy some of the things I've seen tonight. Several deep, brownish reds in patterns that look like I was heading towards something Colonial. And just a minute ago, a yard of orange fabric with seems mottled, but actually has cats all over it. Hmmm. But see, if I wasn't organizing it, I wouldn't know I had it. Perhaps I ought to start a pile to share with others. I guess I'll start parting with the questionable ones when I run out of space for the desirables.

1 comment:

amy said...

I have my windows and doors open. It makes me so happy, except for when I need to yell at the children.