Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Waiting for Olive


There's a baby shower tonight in anticipation of baby Olive's arrival. Since Olive already has a big brother waiting for her, there was thought of a diaper shower, but what new mommy wants diapers when there's so much cute girly stuff out there? I almost pooped out and bought a gift, but decided that really, that would be lazy on my part, so I made these blocks over the weekend. Each has a letter of her name on it. (I hope they stick with the name!). While they should be "blocks", they are a little more rounded, but the idea is there. I had an easy way to make these figured out several years ago, before I had little people of my own, but in making these again, the easy way did not return to me. I wonder what it was I figured out last time. I also wonder if it will ever come to me again.

There's another new baby in our lives as well. Elaine Ai-Shin, our sixth niece, joined the family last Monday. Unlike her big brother and sister, she decided to take her looks from her mother. We can't wait to meet her, although it may be a while before we dash off to Iowa.

No comments: