Friday, May 16, 2008

Berry Picking

Today we went to Crabtree Farms to pick strawberries with some friends. Jim is away on a camping trip with one of his brothers, so the girls and I are having a "mother - daughter weekend" and trying to do some fun things that we don't normally get to do. Rachel was really excited about the berry picking and picked a quart and a half all on her own. Sarah, not so happy. We planned to eat lunch afterwards, but it turns out that Sarah was only along for the ride because of the lunch. Instead of carrying her berry basket, she carried her lunch box. She spent most of the time being upset while everyone else berry picked because she wanted to be back at the picnic table eating lunch. Never mind the big breakfast we had this morning, or the fact that it was hardly even 11:00.


Finally I went back to the picnic table with Sarah while Rachel kept on picking and at last, Sarah was happy. The farm was really fun. They should have blueberries ready in about three weeks and then blackberries later in the summer. I know one little girl that will be up for going back to do some more picking, and one that might be up for another picnic lunch.

Berries on their way over to the neighbor's.



1 comment:

amy said...

That looks like a load of fun. I was just telling my mom that I couldn't wait to pick blueberries this summer. The last time we went Juliana was an infant and all I remember was a lot of sweating and crying and very few blueberries. I think this year it might be age appropriate for the majority. Have a fun weekend.