Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Belated Birthday


The past couple of months haven't felt very inspired. I hadn't sewn anything between when my Dad fell and when I whipped up Sarah's Cat in the Hat costume the beginning of March. Working on that sort of got me in the mood again though, for which I'm thankful. Especially since I was overdue with a birthday gift for a good friend that always gets something handmade. I finally got around to finishing this tote bag this past week, which was a good thing, as we were meeting for a belated (very) birthday lunch on Friday.

This bag is based on the Odekake Tote bags that I made a slew of to give as Christmas gifts. The pattern and instructions are from the Fall 2009 issue of Stitch Magazine. I used the measurements for the bag and applied the same principles to assembling it, but embellished it with some happy buntings blowing the wind. It's a great way to use up some of those itty bitty scraps that I once thought were meant for the trash can, but now can't imagine tossing.


I might be wrong, but I think there might be more of these bags in my future...........

1 comment:

amy said...

Hi Colleen,
You should start blogging again. I think I am going to try. I miss it. Miss you too!!!!