Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer in a Pan


I've got big crafting plans for the future, but for right now I'm savoring Sarah's last days at home with me and quite frankly, it leaves me a little wiped out at the end of the day, especially when combined with my new rise and shine time (which is now an hour earlier). Today we read, went to the used book store, watched cartoons and made this blueberry crisp (amongst other things). It's a combination of three recipes. If you've still got blueberries that you'd like to transform into dessert, here's the recipe I ended up with....

Blueberry Crisp

4 C Blueberries
1/4 C Sugar
1 T Cornstarch
2 T Lemon Juice

1/2 C Oat Flour (I grind my oats in a coffee grinder)
1/2 C Oats (GF)
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 t Cinnamon
1/4 t Nutmeg
1/4 t Allspice
3/4 C Chopped Pecans
4 T Butter at Room Temp.

Combine first four ingredients and pour into a lightly buttered 8x8" or 9x9" baking dish.

Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly and add to top of berries.

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. You might want to top it off with ice cream as well.....I'm just sayin'.

I've got peaches and pickles waiting for my attention tomorrow. Don't worry, I'm not planning to mix them together! I'll have some time to do this, as Sarah will spend her first full day at kindergarten without me. Last year I would not have anticipated tears over this, but I think they're on their way now. Sniff sniff........

No comments: