Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And the Blue Ribbon Goes To.....


Well, the pink and blue ribbon, that is. Our neighbor's had agreed to watch the girls tonight while the Mr. and I went to a meeting at school. This afternoon, out of the blue, Sarah declared that she wanted to make a ribbon for our neighbor (age 7) to cheer her up. I am a bit unclear as to the reason why she was sad, or why that subject had come up the last time they played, but I obliged. This is what we came up with. While Sarah wanted to cut into some nicely folded yards of uncut fabric, I suggested a dig through my scrap bins (a.k.a. kitty litter buckets). Since I wasn't quite sure what her vision was, or how to execute said vision, I'm pretty happy with the results. I attached some iron-on stabilizer to the back and then sewed a pin onto it so that it can be worn. Part of Sarah's vision was to leave the blue mark-be-gone pen on it, but I had to insist it be removed - just didn't get to it before the (very) brief photo shoot. Now I've got more ideas for these and am also wondering why I haven't made more yo-yos - they're so fun!

And yes, those are flannel winter pajama bottoms on Sarah. We were out in the rain this morning and returned home damp. Apparently, now that it's in the low 90's some of us are feeling a chill.

No comments: