Sunday, June 27, 2010


I'm back, but not yet back in the swing of things. I had a wonderful time in California, did plenty of thrifting (although you can never do too much), picked up lots of treasures, stayed up way too late, drank a lot of local wine and enjoyed seeing my Aunt and Uncle, my cousin and her husband and meeting new people as well. Sadly, I had to leave many of my treasures behind, as my suitcase couldn't hold them all and even with what I had in it, it was way over the weight limit. The fun thing is that I can look forward to bits and pieces arriving from time to time over the course of the year!

Now it's back to trying to keep some restless girls busy on their summer vacation. This week Sarah expressed interest in doing some "paper-gami" - her version of origami. I used this website, and we've made cranes, dogs, cats, butterflies, fish and balloons so far. Some are easy, almost too easy and some, like the crane, they require help with. But it has really held their interest and they are asking to do it daily. Now, I just need to figure out how to store all our creations.

Now I'm looking forward to getting my energy back and spending some time with my sewing machine. I sure would like to finish that summer quilt before summer ends!

No comments: