Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What We Do For Kicks Around Here


OK, so I have a confession to make. Yesterday's post....I did it last night so that I would have something creative between the hair cut posts, seeing as this is not a hair cutting blog. But really, I am excited about that quilt and made almost 20 blocks last night! But today is about my girl and her second hair cut (in seven years). Back in August 2008 she had 12" cut off and donated to Locks of Love. Just a year and a half later those 12" were back and she was back for another opportunity to donate.


This time she went a bit shorter (Rachel's decision) and I think she ended up with almost 13"!


And now I have this gorgeous girl to look at who looks about three years older than when she walked in. And somehow the hair cut even made her eyes look bluer!


She loves it, I love it and she's excited to show off her new look at school tomorrow. Plus I have this sweet photo to make me smile. It's been a good day.

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Major makeover with a little snip-snip !

Wow, those girls are gorgeous,

and giving,

and growing

and you are BLESSED !

Beth said...

It seems impossible that the girls are soooo big! Jonathan and I were going through a box and found the invites from Rachel's first birthday party. How can it be so many years ago?! ;) Everyone looks great... if way too grown up.
xoxo