Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Barthday


Today is my birthday. If you want to know how old I am, just ask one of my kids - they will gladly and readily answer that question. What I am most excited about today is that my kids (with the help of their sweet Daddy) chose to make me a gift this year. I can't believe they didn't want to get me a horse or a razor scooter or a 20" girl's bike or the latest kid's movie released to DVD. Hopefully, with perseverance, they will continue to grow in their appreciation of handmade gifts. What I am not so excited about is that Rachel made me the above card, drew a cake, started adding candles....and had to extend the cake TWICE to get all the candles on. Sigh. I guess it's a small price to pay for such a sweet card though. Happy rest of the weekend to you - I'm going to hang with my family as soon as they return from a secret mystery mission, which I suspect will involve bringing a cake home. Oh happy day.

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Happy, happy birthday !

Loving that extended cake.......so glad she didn't have to draw one for me, I have to buy her new crayons !

By the way, do you realize that the title of your post says "Happy Barthday !" ????

Dolly said...

Oh, I get it now......that's what Rachel wrote too !

Ha !