Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Gift of Clothes


The girls and I are going to welcome a new little fellow, baby Charlie, this afternoon. We'll be taking him his quilt, which I showed in the last post, and some things for his big brother and sister as well. In the immortal words of my six year old nephew (five at the time of his proclamation, I believe) "Clothes do not make good gifts!" and yet I continue to make and give them to this fickle age group. I did pick up a few other little things as well, to take the disappointment off getting clothes to celebrate a new sibling. Hopefully Will will like his "Super Will" freezer paper stencil shirt though, and Audrey won't be too cool yet for a cutesy applique top.


And while I was terribly late (again) with these brother and sister birthday gifts for some other special friends, I did manage to get them finished and mailed off. Lucy's outfit uses the Oliver + S Lazy Days Skirt tutorial and more easy applique for the top. Owen happens to have quite an affinity for fans, so I was excited to make him some fan t-shirts. My skills at freezer paper stencils are pretty minimal, so I had to keep the image simple, but I was happy with how they turned out. I think you get the idea that it's a fan.



I just finished a new baby blanket, but I'll save that for another day. Time to wrap up the goodies and get ready to meet little Charlie.

3 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Found your "fan" shirt on the flickr pool and am intrigued by it. Might I ask where you got the stencil or is it your own doing?

colleen said...

The fan stencil is one I made myself. I'd be glad to share it with you if you'd like to use it.

Anne said...

He loves that fan shirt! It is amazing! See - it's not just Owen who loves your fans! Man I want to make a bad pun here!