Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back in the Kitchen


The girls and I are headed to my parent's house tomorrow. We'll spend five days there hanging out and also getting to visit with my Grandmother. And because I'm not exactly prompt with gifts, I will also be taking my Dad his Father's Day gift.


I was stumped as to what to give him this year, so decided I'd stick with the perfect gift. It's something he loves, it doesn't take up much space, it's consumable and it tastes yummy.

(crust recipe from here....I'm curious to try the almond crust as well)

Ahhh.....fresh mulberry pie. I heeded the comments and increased my berries to 4 C (could have added more), reduced my sugar to 3/4 C (I suspect I could have made do with 1/2 C) and upped my flour to 1/3 C with a pinch more. With a little help we got it made this morning and it's sitting, hidden away, waiting to be delivered tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gifts for parents get harder and harder don't they?
that pie looks just delish though:0)